Since 1896, the property of today’s Hotel-Restaurant Jöckel has been owned by the family. From 1896 to 1929, the main house housed a colonial and haberdashery shop, which was initially run by Heinrich Jöckel and later taken over by his son Friedrich and his wife Margarethe. In 1929, the decision was made to convert it into a private boarding house. Even at that time, cooking was a high priority, as the mainstay of the private boarding house was Margarethe Jöckel’s cooking.
In 1956, Ernst Jöckel and his wife Elly took over the management. Due to the upswing in business, further structural changes had to be made.
In 1969 this was done with the construction of a larger guest room with dining room as well as guest rooms with indoor swimming pool and sauna. After the son Karl Jöckel, who is a trained chef, continued to run the guesthouse in the fourth generation, the construction of a new building opposite the main house began in 1991. Five double rooms were created. Bowling alley and guest garages. Therefore, our family owns a hotel and restaurant complex with over 50 overnight accommodations that meet high standards of comfort. The physical well-being of the guests is taken care of by the owner Karl Jöckel and his son Stephan Jöckel, who is also a trained cook and hotel manager.
Extensive is the menu, which contains the right thing for all tastes. The specialty of the house are undoubtedly the Heidschnuckengerichte. Not to forget the good service, which also extends to celebrations, conferences and the party service. The family has taken on a new challenge with the construction of a new cafe and bistro with five vacation apartments directly on the lake. Here the guests are spoiled since April 2000 with cakes, pies and small dishes from the “Jöckelküche”. And here are offered in vacation apartments over 20 overnight accommodations!
In 2002, the party service was expanded by the takeover of a tableware rental, which up to this point could equip events up to 600 people. In 2003, the tableware rental was expanded to an event size of 3000 people due to very high demand! 2004 an event and fair service was attached to the tableware rental by a takeover, where also kitchen devices, chairs, tables, party tents and much more was available, furthermore the dishwashing mobiles of the city Lauterbach and Alsfeld were taken over!
May 2005 the Gastro and meeting service “G+V Rent” was created, which can equip and Bewirten today meetings of any kind up to 5000 persons and even over mobile kitchens, snack carriages of different sizes, Spülmobile, refrigerator trailers, toilet containers, bar carriages has! In 2006 the complete exterior of the main building was changed and a terrace and 50 outside seats were added, furthermore one floor room was completely renovated! In January 2007 the wellness area was renovated due to the accession of the SPA hotel chain and the house was equipped with infrared cabins, whirlpool, massage rooms, fitness room, in the same breath the hall for events was completely refurbished and expanded to 120 seats!
In 2008 was further renovated, installed in the kitchen new appliances, in the main house all rooms renovated bathrooms redesigned, rooms with W-Lan new flat screen TVs equipped
In 2010, the construction of the facility goes forward with great strides the volcano barn for up to 250 people was built and immediately put into operation, construction of the model sports land took place in cooperation with model building companies. 2010 the hotel got 3 stars classification from Dehoga. In 2011, the construction of the park continues to progress, it was paved and paved paths and parking areas to meet the needs of wheelchair users! 2012 at GV rent Service the offer was doubled, a complete crockery rental was taken over! In 2012, the construction of the beach club was started in the amusement park.
With sandy beach and much more and 2013 started with the construction of cottages to be ready for occupancy in the following year! At the end of 2013, the planning of the volcano hall with 1200sqm started. But that turned out to be more than difficult, because the plant in the outer area borders on a nature reserve, for this over 55 institutions had to be asked! In 2014, the ornamental house in the middle of Nieder-Moos, which is a listed building, was taken and converted into 6 simple apartments for fitters!
2015 has been renovated again in the main house all guest rooms with counter area were redesigned, complete balcony system was renewed. Furthermore, a pit pat facility was built in the recreation park. In 2016, more cottages were built in the complex. Among other things, the new volcano hall!